gas filled photocell
A gas-filled photocell used for demonstrating the photoelectric effect. With simple measuring instruments, this item is ideal for use by students.
The Gas Filled Photocell also shows how the emission of electrons increases with increasing light intensity, a great piece of equipment for anyone studying atomic physics.
Mounted on a base plate with electrical wiring and a clamping bar, the Gas Filled Photocell is sturdy and ready for use.
- Weight: 0.2kg
- Dimensions: 15.2 x 10.2 x 10.2cm
- Cathode: caesium on oxidised silver
- Cathode area: 2.4cm2
- Operating voltage: 50V, max. 90V
- Working resistance: 1MΩ
- Dark current: < 0.1μA
- Sensitivity: 125μA/ lumen
- Photoelectric current density: max. 0.7μA/ cm2