The Empathy Belly is a pregnancy simulator designed to replicate the sensation of being pregnant.
Suitable for a Range of People
The belly can be worn by both men and women, enabling both to feel what its like to be pregnant. This is ideal for men who want to know what their pregnant partner or spouse might be going through, or for women who want to get an idea of what pregnancy has in store for them.
The belly can even be used by teenagers, giving them a tangible example of what it means to be pregnant.
Over 20 Pregnancy Effects and Symptoms
Over 20 effects and symptoms of pregnancy are replicated by the Empathy Belly. It does this through the use of a rib belt and strategic positioning of weighted components, which enable the belly to replicate many of the physical and emotional effects of pregnancy.
The Empathy Belly includes:
- 1 x torso garment
- 2 x pregnant breast inserts
- 1 x custom rib belt
- 1 x vinyl belly bladder - contains one 2lb weight
- 2 x 7lb weights
- 1 x safety holding tray
- 1 x 6lb bladder pouch
- 1 x maternity smock
- 1 x science-based manual - with laminated flashcard
- 1 x instructor training DVD
- 1 x laminated poster on 3rd trimester of pregnancy
- 30 x informed consent releases
- 1 x bottle water conditioner
- 1 x vinyl repair kit
- 1 x nylon tote carrying bag
Sizing For The Empathy Belly
The Empathy Belly is ideal for most women, men of small stature and most teenage girls and boys (12 to 18). The belly should not be worn by anyone weighing less than 100lb.