Erler-Zimmer Canine Leg IV Injection Veterinary Simulator
Trainee veterinarians and zoologists will find the Erler-Zimmer Canine Leg IV Injection Veterinary Simulator an incredibly useful tool for demonstrating and practising intravenous-injection procedures for dogs. With a design that enables practise of techniques including shearing-fur, positioning of the IV line, and puncturing of the cephalic vein, this handy manikin is great for lifelike and hands-on group or one-to-one training sessions.
- 1 x Canine Forelimb Model
- 1 x Removable Fur
- 1 x Replacement Fur
- 1 x Additional Vein Tube
Please note that a PVK catheter, artificial blood, and clippers are not included.
What Is the Purpose of the Canine Veterinary Simulator?
The Erler-Zimmer Canine Leg IV Injection Simulator is a top-quality training tool that can help to demonstrate, teach, and practise the essential techniques for canine intravenous injection. As well as learning the correct course and positioning of the IV needle and line, it is possible to practise the clipping and shearing of the fur to enable secure access to the venous sites, as well as placement of peripheral venous catheters (sold separately).
Who Can Benefit from Use of this Dog Manikin?
Those who may benefit most from use of the medical manikin include trainees and students in animal-care industries, including veterinary students and zoologists.
Key Features and Benefits
- Canine leg model for intravenous injection training
- Ideal educational tool for trainee veterinarians and zooloogists
- Realistic limb design enables lifelike practise
- Can be used in group training scenarios of for one-to-one teaching
- Artificial fur can be clipped and sheared for practise accessing the venous site
- Multiple shearing options enabled by rotating the fur
- Includes a cephalic vein, which can be palpated and punctured
- Peripheral venous catheter (PVK) can be easily used / placed (PVK sold separately)
- Supplied with replacement fur for continued shearing and clipping practise
- Additional vein tube supplied with kit to ensure long-term usage