Erler-Zimmer Model Human Skull With Muscles of Mastication
The Erler-Zimmer Model Human Skull With Muscles of Mastication is a realistic and life-sized anatomical model which can be used as a realistic demonstration tool when teaching about the anatomical structure of the masticatory muscles. This quality model is complete with elastic bands representing the mastication muscles, and a three-part design which enables closer observation of individual components.
- 3-Part Skull & Muscle Model With:
- 1 x Skull Cap
- 1 x Skull Base
- 1 x Lower Jaw
Who Can Use the Erler-Zimmer Skull Model with Masticatory Muscles?
This life-size anatomical skull is a fantastic educational tool for helping to deepen understanding of adult human anatomy. This model is ideal for biology, anatomy, and medical training classes, as well as for patient education on specific conditions affecting this area. Those who may benefit from using this life-size and detailed skull model for study, training, or patient education include (but are not limited to):
- Doctors and Nurses
- Emergency Responders & Paramedics
- General education and personal studies
What Can I Identify On This Educational Anatomy Model?
This three-part anatomical model displays a realistic human skull in three parts; the skull cap, the skull base, and the lower jaw. This allows closer observation of individual components, as well as a view inside the skull. Other identifiable features of this model include:
Realistic teeth: The teeth of this model correspond perfectly to the position and embrasure found in real teeth
Masticatory muscles: Included for practical demonstrations of the functions of the masticatory muscles via closure of the mandible, induction of opening of the mandible and lateral, and forward displacement of the mandible. The following muscles are highlighted in red on the skull, or represented through elastic bands:
Key Features and Benefits
- Life-size anatomical human-skull model featuring masticatory muscles
- Suitable for education and training purposes
- Ideal for the training of dentists, doctors, and physiologists, as well as for patient education
- Three-part skull can be split into skull cap, skull base, and lower jaw, enabling closer inspection
- Can be used to demonstrate the function of individual mastication muscles
- Masticatory muscles are presented by elastic bands to enable demonstrations of movement
- Moveable mandible displays chewing motions whilst assembled
- Anatomically accurate teeth positioning for detailed and realistic study
- Pin and magnet connection system prevents damage to the model during assembly and disassembly
- Pin and magnet system also prevents there being a gap between the skull base and skull cap
- Life-like texture adds realism to the model
The masticatory muscles of the skull are represented in the form of flexible elastic structures. These allow the mandible to be open and closed in order to demonstrate the movements of the muscles and jaws during chewing.
All anatomical features and details are accurate in the Erler-Zimmer Skull Model with Masticatory Muscles, making it ideal for realistic training in medical and anatomical study environments. Users can have total confidence in using this model as a visual aid to support textbook study of human anatomy.
- Dimensions: 23 x 16.5 x 17cm
- Weight: 0.8kg
- Product Code: 4512