Erler-Zimmer Pat Pressure Injury Staging Model
Make sure you can recognise and treat pressure injuries effectively with the Erler-Zimmer Pat Pressure Injury Staging Model. This high-quality diagnostic training tool is the perfect visual aid for medical students to gain an understanding of what common pressure injuries may look like in various stages, and on different skin tones. The compact design of this model makes it simple to store and travel with.
- 1 x Pressure Ulcer Injury Staging Model
What Is the Purpose of This Pressure Injury Model?
This high-quality injury model is designed for medical students to use as a visual aid when learning about pressure injuries and ulcers. The model depicts injuries in different stages, enabling students to identify and evaluate how a pressure injury may look and feel on various patients.
A wide range of medical personnel can benefit from training and study with this injury model, but it is particularly useful for medical students who plan to work with bed-bound patients, including doctors, nurses, domestic carers, and nursing home staff.
Which Pressure Injuries or Pressure Ulcers Can I Identify On This Model?
The various injuries and stages presented on this model can be used for diagnostic practise, helping medical professionals to recognise common pressure injuries and their stages. There is some variation in pigmentation on this model, enabling comprehensive training on how these injuries may look on different patients.
On the lighter-pigmented skin, you can identify:
- Un-stageable eschar/slough wound
- Stage 1 wound
- Stage 2 wound
- Stage 3 wound with undermining, tunnelling and slough
- Shallow stage 4 wound over the malleolus with exposed bone and tendon, muscle, and undermining, tunnelling, eschar, and slough
On the darker-pigmented skin, you can identify:
- Stage 1 wound
- Blood blister
- Suspected deep tissue injury (DTI)
Key Features and Benefits
- Pat pressure injury model with varying skin pigmentation
- Suitable for medical studies and diagnostic training
- Depicts various pressure-related injuries in different stages
- Designed with two different skin tones for a more rounded study of how pressure injuries may appear
- Compact design is easily portable for on-the-go study and training
- Life-like depictions of injuries for realistic and in-depth training
- Can be used for light practise of cleaning and dressing wounds and injuries
- Dimensions (LxWxD): 21 x 32 x 4.5cm
- Weight: 1.5kg