Fisherbrand 90mm x 16.2mm Non-Vented Polystyrene Petri Dishes (Pack of 600)
Made of high-quality polystyrene, the Fisherbrand 90mm x 16.2mm Non-Vented Polystyrene Petri Dishes (Pack of 600) are perfect for microbial or cell culture applications in the lab. With a non-vented design these Petri dishes allow the lid to sit flat on the base, and prevent evaporation to encourage a longer incubation period for anaerobic applications.
These Fisherbrand Petri Dishes have the following specifications:
- Type: Petri Dish
- Material: Polystyrene
- Vent: 0
- Diameter (Metric): 90mm
- Height (Metric): 16.2mm
- Sterility: Non-sterile
- Petri dishes are ideal for microbial and cell culture applications
- Polystyrene material is strong, moisture, heat, and chemical resistant
- Non-vented design increases length of incubation periods
- 90mm diameter allows for clear observation of reactions
- 16.2mm height allows liquids to be sufficiently studied
- Non-sterile design is easy to sterilise for immediate use
- Case of 600 (30 subpacks of 20) is cost efficient and convenient
- Aseptic sterility for a wide range of applications
What Are Lab Petri Dishes Used For?
Petri dishes are primarily used in microbiology studies and research. This includes research around bacteria, fungi and small mosses. Typically, researchers will cultivate these types of bacteria and grow them within the petri dish, studying the conditions under which they change and grow.
Polystyrene Petri Dishes
These Petri dishes are made entirely out of polystyrene. This type of plastic has various benefits:
- Chemical, heat, moisture, and fatigue resistant
- Superior insulation, doesn't allow temperatures to affect test results
- Lightweight and easy to stack for easy and convenient storage
- Resistant to bacterial growth, keeping contents safe and contained
- Recyclable for research labs wanting to be more environmentally conscious
- Water resistant in the case of accidental spillages, keeping contents safe
Are These Plastic Petri Dishes Sterile?
These Petri dishes are aseptic, meaning they are manufactured in highly sterile environments to eliminate microbiological contamination, even though the petri dishes are not sterilised directly themselves. This makes these Petri dishes excellent for microbiological applications.
What Does Non-Vented Mean?
Non-vented Petri dishes are built differently to triple or single vented Petri dishes. Non-vented Petri dishes allow the lid to sit flat at the base, making them suitable for research in anaerobic contexts. When the plate has been poured, the lack of air flow encourages a longer incubation period.
Learn more about Fisherbrand lab plasticware (as well as glassware) by checking out the following document: