Fisherbrand Racked Flat Cap 50ml Centrifuge Tubes (Pack of 500)
Made of polypropylene, the Fisherbrand Flat Cap 50ml Centrifuge Tubes (Pack of 500) offer exceptional chemical resistance in order to contain liquids during centrifugation. For easy storage and to keep centrifuge tubes together, this purchase includes lightweight polystyrene racks.
- 500 x Centrifuge Tubes
- 10 x Centrifuge Tube Racks
Please Note: This pack of 500 consists of 20 packs of 25 centrifuge tubes. Each centrifuge tube rack stores 50 centrifuge tubes.
These centrifuge tubes have the following specifications:
- Type: Centrifuge Tube
- Shape: Conical
- Material: Polypropylene
- Capacity: 50ml
- Length: 115mm
- Outside Diameter: 28mm
- Closure Type: Flat Cap
- Graduations: 5ml increments
- Sterility: Sterile
- Max Force: 15,000 x g
- Tolerance: The recommended temperature working range for polypropylene and PET is the same (0-40°)
- Packaging: Racked
The Fisherbrand Centrifuge tubes have a number of key features:
- Non-pyrogenic for enhanced safety, reducing risk of illness
- Racked design allows for safe, convenient and easy storage
- Flat cap style allows for controlled airflow throughout samples
- Conical bottoms for complete draining of materials and liquids
- Large labelling area for complete clarity during experiments
- Black graduations and white marking area ensure clear readings
- Graduated in 5ml subdivisions from 5ml to 50ml for exact measurements
- Sterile design eliminates risk of cross contamination and inaccuracy
Do the Fisherbrand Polypropylene Centrifuge Tubes Come with Tube Racks?
Yes, for convenience these Fisherbrand 50ml centrifuge tubes come packaged with centrifuge tubes racks. The rack is made of polystyrene for a lightweight, easy to use storage solution.
Flat Cap or Plug Seal Cap?
The centrifuge tubes come with a flat cap style lid. This works by allowing a small amount of air into the container, making it ideal for cell research and testing.
What Are the Uses of the Fisherbrand 50ml Conical Centrifuge Tubes?
Centrifuge tubes have a wide range of applications. However, the Fisherbrand centrifuge tubes are ideal for:
- Increasing longevity of research equipment
- Blood work and other medical samples
- Sample processing and removal of contamination
Sterile Centrifuge Tubes
These centrifuge tubes are gamma-irradiation sterilised. This makes them impeccable for a wide range of uses, ensuring completely accurate results.
What Materials Are these Graduated Centrifuge Tubes Made Of?
These graduated centrifuge tubes are made entirely out of polypropylene. This type of plastic has various benefits important for their applications:
- Strong and sturdy, resisting any tears or rips which compromise hygiene
- Moisture resistant, ideal for using with liquids and substances
- Good chemical resistance for use with acidic or alkaline substances
- Fatigue resistant for use with heavy or sharp substances requiring analysis
To learn more about Fisherbrand Conical Centrifuge Tubes, Cell Strainers, Plasticware and Glassware, please see the following documents: