Luna LAB 254i Analytical Balance (250g Capacity)
The Luna LAB 254i Analytical Balance (250g Capacity) is a high-tech laboratory scale designed to measure small samples very accurately. It can detect very slight changes in mass, and has a maximum capacity of 250g, making it ideal for weighing fine or light materials. It can also be used to measure moving subjects for dynamic weighing applications.
Please note that a calibration certificate for this device must be purchased at the same time by ticking the box at the top of the page. You cannot purchase this certificate for a balance or scale that has already been ordered.
What Are Analytical Balances?
Analytical balances are incredibly sensitive and are therefore able to detect very small increases in mass. As they tend to have lower capacities than top-loading balances, they are best used for measuring small samples very accurately.
Applications for the Luna LAB 254i Analytical Balance
Due to the sensitivity of the LAB Luna scale, it is a great choice for measuring light or fine samples, as well as moving subjects like liquids or small animals and insects. It is therefore suitable for a range of applications, including:
- Parts counting
- Percentage weighing
- Dynamic weighing (e.g. liquids, animals)
- Determining density
- Cumulative weighing
What Is the Capacity of the Luna LAB 254i Balance?
The capacity of the Luna LAB 254i Balance ranges from 0.01g - 250g, with a readability of 0.0001g. It is not designed for measuring large singular loads, however it does have a cumulative weighing function for improved versatility.
How Do I Calibrate the Luna LAB 254i Analytical Balance?
The Luna LAB 254i Precision Balance is capable of self-calibration which can help you save time before tests. However, it also offers the choice of external calibration which you can use if you own calibration weights and prefer to carry out the process manually.
Date and Time Printouts for Data Traceability
In adherence with Good Laboratory Practise (GLP) guidelines, data printouts supplied by the Luna LAB Balance are time and date stamped for improved traceability. This can help you keep track of your processes for a more functional, organised laboratory environment.
Highly Accessible Functionality
Colour-coded buttons and an icon-driven menu make this balance very easy to use, even if you haven't been trained to operate it. Due to its bright LCD display and 24mm high figures, results can be seen clearly, helping to minimise the risk of mistakes.
Due to their high sensitivity, analytical balances require a very stable set up to return more reliable results. To make this easy for you to achieve, the Luna LAB 254i comes with a level indicator and adjustable feet that allow you to quickly and effectively set the balance up before use.
What Security Features Does This Balance Have?
This balance comes a security slot that accommodates Kensington-type locks for theft prevention. It also features password protection which protects data from being accessed without authorisation and settings from being changed.
Specifications of the Luna LAB 254i Analytical Balance
- Capacity: 250g
- Readability: 0.0001g
- Repeatability: 0.0001g
- Calibration: Internal Automatic/External Calibration
- Pan Size: 80mm diameter
- Power Supply: 18VDC 50/60Hz 830mA adapter
- Interface: RS-232 (for computers and printers), USB (for memory cards etc.)
- Total Weight: 6.2kg
- Weighing Units: mg, g, ct, GN, N, dr, oz, ozt, dwt, mm, tl.T, tl.H, tl.S, T, custom unit
- Time to Stabilisation: 2 seconds
- Materials: ABS Plastic
- Linearity: 0.0003g
- Operating Temperature: 15° to 35°C
- Display: Backlit LCD screen featuring 24mm high digits
- Draught Shield Dimensions (WxDxH): 192 x 195 x 230mm
- Overall Dimensions (WxDxH): 224 x 374 x 338mm
Key Features and Benefits
- Bright backlit LCD screen offers enhanced visibility, even in low lighting
- Draught shield minimises wind, vibrations and static
- Date and time stamped printouts improve traceability
- Security slot of Kensington-type lock helps protect against theft
- Colour-coded buttons highlight commonly used features
- Stainless steel pan can be quickly cleaned after each use
- Filtering function allows you to accurately weigh moving subjects
- RS-232 interface enables straightforward connection to computers and printers
- Spirit level and adjustable feet for optimal stability before readings
- Multilingual display makes balance more widely accessible
- Hold function allows you to freeze measurement for later reference
Are Other Models Available?
The Luna Analytical Balance is available in seven other models with varying capacities and calibration types. Further details and links to these models can be found in the table below:
All Adam Equipment scales and balances are calibrated before dispatch, and information on their performance and accuracy is recorded on their calibration certificates. You must purchase this certificate at the same time as your scale or balance by ticking the Adam Equipment Calibration Certificate box at the top of the page.