The Pocket Spectroscope is a high quality optical system with a centred visible spectrum, which is linear with respect to the wavelength. It comes in a tough and durable metal sleeve, with a fixed slit and prism system with grating. The compact nature of the device makes it easy to move and carry around, or to store.
Spectroscopes are devices for observing absorption and emission spectra. Examples include observing the Fraunhofer line spectrum in sunlight for the observation of absorption spectra through liquids, the emission spectra of gas discharge tubes or for chemical analysis during flame tests.
features of the pocket Spectroscope
- High quality optical system with centred visible spectrum
- Comes in a metal sleeve, with a fixed slit and prism system with grating
- Compact device for portability and easy storage
- Useful for a variety of experiments
specifications of the pocket spectroscope
- Slit width: 0.2mm
- Number of grating lines: 600 lines/mm
- Dimensions: 115mm x 25mm diameter
- Weight: 62g