The Polarimeter features a sodium lamp as the light source for the measurement of the rotation and the rotation direction of the polarisation plane of polarised light through optically active substances, as well as the determination of the concentration of liquids.
The Polarimeter comprises a robust metal stand with slightly tilted shaft for tubes with lengths up to 220mm. It comes with a swivel cover, analyser and polariser, and includes polarimeter tubes of 100mm and 200mm, and a spare sodium lamp, which are also available separately.
features of the polarimeter
- Polarimeter with a sodium lamp
- Ideal for measurement of rotation of polarisation plane
- Comprises a robust metal stand with a tilted shaft for tubes up to 220mm
- Includes polarimeter tubes of 100mm and 200mm, and a spare sodium lamp
specifications of the polarimeter
- Measurement range: 2 semi-circles (0 - 180°)
- Glass tubes: 100 and 200mm, 15mm diameter
- Scale division: 1°
- Readability: 0.05° (with Vernier scale)
- Dimensions: 200 x 360 x 450mm
- Weight: 10kg
- Light source: Sodium lamp (589nm)
- Mains voltage: 115V - 230V, 50/60Hz