The Pressure Balance is a great product for introducing the concept of pressure. It can be used for comparing pressures, for gas-compression experiments and for demonstrating overpressure and underpressure. The device consists of two precision glass syringes of different volumes, with ground piston and weight pans on a stand.
The Pressure Balance includes 15 disc weights on a storage rod for adding to the plunger, and the connection between the syringe hoses is via a tubing clamp, with a safety catch for the smaller piston.
Features of the Pressure Balance
- Ideal product for introducing the concept of pressure
- Can be used for comparing pressure and gas-compression experiments
- Useful for demonstrating overpressure and underpressure
- Two precision glass syringes of different volumes
- Includes 15 disc weights on a storage rod, for adding to the plunger
- Connection between the syringe hoses via a tubing clamp
Specifications of the Pressure Balance
- Volume of syringes: 10ml and 50ml
- Ratio of piston cross-sections: 10:3
- Ratio of piston masses with weight pans: 10:3
- Mass of weights: approx. 400mN each
- Base plate dimensions: approx. 140 x 100mm²