The Projectile Launcher is a piece of equipment for quantitative investigation of projectile laws. It can launch projectiles at various speeds and angles, enabling the laws of projectiles to be thoroughly investigated.
Various Angles and speeds
The launcher enables the projectiles to be launched at three reproducible launch speeds, enabling tests to be repeated in a consistent manner. The angle of the launcher can be continuously adjusted for a range of tests on the effect angle has on trajectory.
What's more, because the launch point is coincident with the pivot point of the cannon, the height of trajectory at various angles remains consistent.
Because of the encapsulated design and the use of round plastic projectiles, the launcher is incredibly safe to use. Additionally, the launcher is designed to be clamped to a desk using the Clamp for Projectile Launcher, or is made to be used with the Ballistic Pendulum to ensure safety.
Please note: protective goggles must be worn when using this item.
A Range of Experiment Topics
The launcher enables a range of experiment topics to be covered:
- Vertical, angled and horizontal launch
- Recording of trajectory with an angled launch
- Determination of range and height from the projection angle
- Determination of launch speed from the range and height
- Determination of launch speed using a ballistic pendulum
- Elastic and inelastic collisions
Contents of the Projectile Launcher
The contents of the Projectile Launcher are:
- 1 x launcher
- 3 x plastic projectile balls
- 1 x ramrod
- 1 x wing nun - M8x20
- Clamp for Projectile Launcher
- Ballistic Pendulum
- Photo Gate Holder for Projectile Launcher
- Photo Gate