Solis SAB 125i Semi-Micro and Analytical Balance (62/120g Capacity)
Suitable for use in manufacturing, research or education, the Solis SAB 125i Semi-Micro and Analytical Balance (62/120g Capacity) is a highly precise and easy to use balance. It has a dual maximum capacity of 62/120g and a consequent dual readability of 0.01/0.1mg, making it ideal for weighing small, light or fine samples.
Please note that a calibration certificate for this device must be purchased at the same time by ticking the box at the top of the page. You cannot purchase this certificate for a balance or scale that has already been ordered.
What Are Semi-Micro Analytical Balances?
Semi-micro analytical balances are one of the most precise types of laboratory balances, second only to micro balances. They therefore have high readabilities, (i.e. measurements will have more decimal places) are usually designed to measure smaller samples and are able to detect slight changes in mass.
Applications for the Solis SAB 125i Semi-Micro and Analytical Balance
The Solis SAB 125i Balance is a great choice for those working with very fine substances like medicines and powders. It's ability to track very small changes in mass makes it useful in many laboratory centred applications, including:
- Quality Assurance
- Science Education
- Production and Manufacturing
- Precision Counting
- Parts counting
- Percentage weighing
- Weighing moving subjects (e.g. animals, insects)
- Determining density
- Peak hold
What Is the Capacity of the Solis SAB Balance?
The capacity of the SAB Balance ranges from 10mg - 62g or 120g, with an outstanding readability of 0.01mg. It is therefore suitable for measuring very small samples to a highly precise and accurate figure, so can be used to measure powders or other light substances.
How Do I Use the Solis SAB 125i Semi-Micro and Analytical Balance?
Designed to guarantee quick and efficient operation, the Solis SPB 363e has a bright, high resolution display, and clearly marked arrow keys. However, if you'd like detailed instructions on the set-up and use of your Precision Balance, refer to the PDF Instruction Manual below:
|User Instructions |
Fitted with many state-of-the-art features, the SAB Balance offers outstanding usability in addition to accuracy. It has a bright high resolution display for optimum visibility, an icon-based menu and self-calibration which can help you save time on test preparations.
How Do I Calibrate the SAB 125i Balance?
The SAB 125i Balance is self-calibrating, meaning it can prepare itself for use without any manual testing. This design in very beneficial in busy, fast-paced environments as you won't have to waste time re-adjusting the balance each time environmental conditions change.
Highly Accessible Interface
When dealing with precise measurements, you want to make sure results can be read quickly and accurately. With a bright, well-sized display and multilingual capabilities, this balance can help minimise the risk of mistakes and can be operated by speakers of many different languages.
Date and Time Printouts for Data Traceability
To enable proper data tracking according to Good Laboratory Practise (GLP) guidelines, printouts supplied by the Equinox EAB are marked with the date and time. This can help you maintain efficient, organised operation in laboratory settings.
To help deter thieves and stop the balance from being taken to unauthorised areas, it is fitted with a slot for Kensington-type locks and cables. You can use this feature to secure your balance overnight, or to keep it from being moved off of a designated surface.
Specifications of the Solis SAB 125i Semi-Micro and Analytical Balance
- Capacity: 62g/120g
- Readability: 0.01mg/0.1mg
- Repeatability: 0.03mg/0.1mg
- Calibration: Internal automatic calibration
- Pan Size: 80mm diameter
- Power Supply: 24V 50/60Hz 500mA adapter (AC adaptor included with purchase)
- Interface: RS-232 (for computers and printers), USB (for memory cards etc.)
- Total Weight: 7kg
- Weighing Units: g, mg, lb, oz, ct, GN, dwt, mm, ozt, T, tl.H, tl.S, tl.T, custom unit
- Time to Stabilisation: 6 seconds
- Materials: ABS Plastic
- Linearity: 0.08mg /0.2mg
- Operating Temperature: 10° to 30°C
- Display: High resolution graphic display with large figures (15mm)
- Dimensions: 224 x 374 x 338mm (W x D x H)
Key Features and Benefits
- Minimalistic keypad with clearly marked arrow buttons improves usability
- High resolution display is clear and easy to read
- Glass shield reduces the effect of environmental factors like static and draughts
- Printouts are marked with date and time for improved data tracking
- Security slot for Kensington lock and cable reduces risk of theft
- Digital filtering allows you to factor in vibrations for a reduced effect on results
- RS-232 interface enables quick communication to computers and printers
- Spirit level and adjustable feet make it easier to attain reliable results
- Multilingual functionality makes balance more widely accessible
Are Other Models Available?
The Solis Semi-Micro and Analytical Balance is available in seven other models with varying capacities and calibration types. Further details and links to these models can be found in the table below:
All Adam Equipment scales and balances are calibrated before dispatch, and information on their performance and accuracy is recorded on their calibration certificates. You must purchase this certificate at the same time as your scale or balance by ticking the Adam Equipment Calibration Certificate box at the top of the page.