3M OX3000 Polycarbonate Safety Glasses
When it comes to protective eyewear, it's essential to have the right equipment to keep you safe all day at work. The 3M OX3000 Polycarbonate Safety Glasses ensure you can work in the best possible conditions worry-free, no matter how dangerous your daily tasks might be.
The OX3000 Glasses are available in a universal size that should suit most users.
How Should Safety Glasses Fit?
Safety glasses are designed to keep you safe, and they need to be worn all day long for adequate protection against hazards. To check if your safety eyewear fits correctly, the weight of the glasses should be distributed evenly between the ears and nose, so the frames sit comfortably around the face for a light, barely-there feeling. In addition, the lenses should be close enough to your eyes that they provide adequate protection, but your eyelashes should not touch them.
- Lens Type: Anti-fog, Scratch-resistant
- For Use With (Application): Construction, Forestry
- No. per Pack: 1 Each
- Frame Material: Polycarbonate
- Product Type: Safety Glasses; Compact
- Frame Colour: Blue, Black
- Temple Style: Soft and narrow
- UV Protection: Yes
Indications for Use
The safety glasses are ideal for environments where you might be exposed to flying debris. Some examples of this include:
- General assembly
- Lab work
- Light duty maintenance and repair
- Airline pilots
Key Features of the 3M OX3000 Polycarbonate Safety Glasses
- Compatible: Easy to wear over prescription glasses for clear vision at work
- UV Protection: Provides protection from harsh sunlight and UV radiation
- Anti-Scratch: Anti-scratch lens for maximum durability
- Anti-Fog: Anti-fog lenses for improved clarity of vision even during exertion
- High-Value: Economical price to performance ratio
- Adjustable: 5-stage adjustable temple length and adjustable lens angle for an optimal fit
- Comfortable: Soft and narrows strap ends for comfort
EN Compliance of the Polycarbonate Glasses
The glasses conform to two protective standards and have been found as suitable for use as protection against high speed particles at low energy (F) at extreme temperature conditions, -5°C and +55°C, (T) in accordance with EN 166:2001. In addition, the glasses will protect against UV radiation and are of the highest optical class, for unimpaired vision all day long.
- EN 166 - Personal Eye Protection (All Colours)
- EN 170 - Personal Eye Protection with Ultraviolet Filters
Why is Polycarbonate Used for Safety Glasses?
Polycarbonate has a number of different benefits that are particularly useful for protective eyewear:
- Lightweight, keeping glasses comfortable and not distracting which is essential for proper eyewear protection all day long
- Impact resistant, since polycarbonate is ten times more impact resistant than regular plastics (making this a brilliant material for use with flying hazards such as in manufacturing)
- Natural UV protection, since polycarbonate blocks 100% of UV without additional UV coating - keeping the wearer safe from eyesight damage as a result of the sun
To ensure that your glasses retain their high level of clarity even after extended periods of use the safety glasses feature scratch-resistant lenses. This makes the glasses ideal for work that requires both protection and a high level of attention to detail.
Designed for Use with Ear Muffs
The OX3000 is intended for use in environments where hearing protection is also required. The low-profile adjustable temples have been designed to be worn in combination with 3M ear muffs.
- Thermoplastic rubber
You can read the conformity statement for this pair of glasses in the document below: