Complete Chladni Plate Experiment Kit with Function and Vibration Generators
The Complete Chladni Plate Experiment Kit with Function and Vibration Generators provides a comprehensive approach to teaching and educating students about waves and sound during practical physics experiments. The kit combines two metal Chladni plates for demonstrating acoustically generated vibration patterns, with a vibration generator to excite oscillation and wave. The included function generator allows the demonstrator and students to experiment with varying degrees of amplification for greater experiment diversity.
What's Included in the Kit?
To ensure you have everything you need to conduct detailed and versatile experiments, the Complete Chladni Plate Experiment Kit includes the following:
For detailed product descriptions about each item included in the kit, please click on the title of each article. Each item can also be purchased individually, ideal for environments where multiple Chladni plates or spare generators would be beneficial.
Two Chladni Plates
Both a circular and a square Chladni plate is included with this Complete Experiment Kit, with each plate designed to aid in emulating the experimentation of Ernest Chladni. When either of the plates are used with the included generators, dry sand can be sprinkled on top of the metal surface to generate acoustically excited figures in the dry particles.
As both circular and square plates are provided with this kit, it expands teaching capacities whether in a school, college, or university classroom setting. The plates also include a 4mm plug for mounting to the vibration generator, ensuring quick and easy setup ahead of detailed educational demonstrations.
The Vibration Generator is designed for exciting oscillation and waves mechanically. It features a robust plastic housing, with a mounting pin and 4mm socket for securely attaching a Chladni plate. It also features a holder for a standing rod (up to 8mm in diameter) on the rear side of the apparatus for demonstrating standing waves in a coil spring.
The Vibration Generator offers the following technical specifications:
- Connection: Via 4-mm safety sockets
- Impedance: 8Ω
- Maximum Amplitude: 5mm
- Frequency Range: 0 up to 20kHz
- Minimum Operating Current: 10mA
- Overload Protection: 1 A fuse
- Dimensions: Approx. 200 x 160 x 70mm³
- Weight: Approximately 1.4kg
FG 100 Function Generator
The FG 100 Function Generator features an external sweep and power amplified, ideal for versatile use during practical experiments that cover simple harmonic oscillation, AC electricity, and induction. As it features an illuminated digital splay for frequency, signal form, offset, and other parameters, indications can be read with ease.
The output of the FG 100 Generator is short-circuit proof, and is also protected against induced voltages and spark discharges. This makes it particularly useful in a classroom setting where multiple students may be using one apparatus at any one time, and as such leads may be unintentionally pulled out of the unit. This helps to ensure safety in the classroom.
The following technical specifications apply to the FG 100 Function Generator:
- Dimensions: 170 x 105 x 40mm
- Power supply: plug-in power supply, 12V AC, 2A
- Frequency range: 0.001Hz - 100kHz
- Signal forms: Sine, square, triangular
- Offset: 0 to ±5V, adjustable in 0.1V steps
- Output amplitude: 0 - 10V, continuously adjustable
- Power output: 10W, permanent
- Output current: 1A, permanent, 2A max.
- Sweep modes: external, continuous internal, individual internal
- Frequency range: 1Hz to 100kHz
- Stop/start frequency ratio: max. 1000 : 1, e.g. 2Hz - 2kHz max.
- Time range: 0.04s - 1000s
- External sweep: start via trigger pulse or application of 0 - 5V control voltage
- Max. modulation frequency: 200Hz
- Internal sweep: start and stop via start/stop button
- One trigger output per cycle plus proportional voltage
This kit is ideal for enabling detailed and versatile wave and sound experiments in an educational environment. For more detailed information about each of the Chladni plates included in this complete kit, please see the listings for the Square Chladni Plate and Circular Chladni Plate. More information about the 3B Scientific Vibration Generator and 3B Scientific FG 100 Function Generator can also be found on their respective individual product listings.