Erler-Zimmer Flexible Knee Model with Ligaments
Choose a high quality and flexible anatomy model like the Erler-Zimmer Flexible Knee Model with Ligaments to help develop a comprehensive understanding of the knee's structure and natural movement. Ideal for those studying in medical, healthcare, and athletic fields, this model offers an interactive aid to enhance textbook study. You can identify various ligaments and tendons on this model, presented by synthetic elastic materials.
- 1 x Knee Joint Model
- 1 x Removable Stand
What Is the Purpose Of This Knee Joint Model?
The Erler-Zimmer Flexible Knee Model is a high quality casting of a human knee designed for educational purposes. This anatomical knee joint cast offers a detailed visual aid to support textbook medical and anatomy studies, as well as providing a more interactive way to develop a comprehensive understanding of human anatomy. It is also the perfect choice for patient education in clinical environments.
Supplied with a removable stand, this model is also a good choice for display in a range of clinical and educational environments, from doctors offices to anatomy classrooms. The flexibility of this model also makes it a good choice for training and client education when working in physical therapy or athletics.
Who Can Benefit From Using This Flexible Joint Model?
This flexible joint model is a great visual training aid, and is suitable for use by a wide range of medical, healthcare, and athletic personnel. Those working in clinical environments, including hospitals and GP surgeries, may find this model useful for patient education when discussing issues affecting the joints.
It can also be a useful tool for those working in athletics, where it is important to understand the limitations and natural movements of the various joints. Those who may benefit most from use of this model include:
- Orthopaedic doctors
- Doctors and Nurses
- General Practitioners
- Personal Trainers & Athletic Coaches
Which Features Can Be Identified On This Anatomy Model?
On this model, you can identify the stumps of the femur and the lower leg, as well as various tendons and ligaments represented by a blue elastic synthetic material. Specific features you will be able to identify on this model include:
- Insertion tendons of the straight muscle of the thigh
- Kneecap (with patellar tendons)
- Lateral ligaments
- Meniscuses ligaments
- Cruciate ligaments
Can This Model Be Used to Demonstration Movement Of the Knee Joint?
The synthetic elastic material used for the kneecap and various ligaments gives this model a good level of flexibility. This allows it to be used to demonstrate some natural movements of the knee, including flexion, extension, and outer and inner rotation.
Key Features and Benefits
- Natural cast of a knee joint
- Ideal for educational purposes, from medical training to patient education
- Can be used by athletic coaches and personal trainers for anatomy study
- Depicts knee cap, and stumps of the femur and of the lower leg
- Various ligaments and tendons presented by synthetic elastic material
- Flexible design enables demonstrations of movement, including flexion, extension, and rotations
- Supplied with a stand for ease-of-display
- Stand is removable for enhanced interactivity
- Anatomically accurate and detailed design for comprehensive study
- Suitable for use alongside textbook study to enhance understanding
- Durable materials ensure prolonged usage