The Fresnel Biprism is intended for observing interference by creating two virtual sources of light, by refracting the light from a single coherent source.
The Fresnel Biprism can be used with the Prism Table on Stem enabling it to be used with optical riders and optical benches for a range of demonstrations and experiments. Equipment such as the Helium-Neon Laser is also recommended.
features of the fresnel biprism
- Fresnel Biprism for observing interference by creating two virtual sources of light
- Refracts the light from a single coherent source
- Can be combined with prism tables, for use with optical riders and benches
- Ideal for use with a light source such as the Helium-Neon Laser
specifications of the fresnel biprism
- Dimensions: 50 x 50 x 2mm
- Prism angle: 179° approx
- Refractive index: 1.5231