GAMMASCOUT Geiger Counter
The Gammascout Geiger Counter is a compact and precise radiation monitor for measuring α, β and γ radiation. It features a filter selection to filter out different types of radiation - γ/β, γ/α/β or just γ; a USB interface and software and a large, clear display.
The standard mode on the Gammascout Geiger Counter will display the current radiation level as a numerical value and bar chart., Its also equipped with a variable acoustic and optical warning, and will display the average amount of radiation from the previous day.
Pulse Counting Mode
This mode can either be permanent or with a variable gate time adjustable in seconds, minutes or hours with an optional acoustic count indication.
Count Rate MEasurement Mode
In this mode, the pulses the Geiger counter registers are measured successively. They are then converted into a count rate - the number of pulses per second.
Large LCD Display
The large, clear LCD display makes taking readings easy and simple. The display includes the date and time, helping you to take correct recordings of measured radiation.
Internal Storage and USB Interface
The Geiger counter also features internal storage, enabling you to record the number of pulses over a period of time and analyse them later. For example. you can take weekly readings for up to 10 years, making it ideal for both long term and short term studies.
What's more, it also features a USB interface and Windows software, enabling you to copy the data from the counter to a computer and evaluate and process it more easily.
The technical specifications of the Gammascout Geiger Counter are:
- Radiation Types: α from 4 MeV, β from 0.2 MeV, γ from 0.02 MeV
- Measured Variables:
- Equivalent dose in Sv/h, mSv/h, µSv/h
- Pulses per second
- Pulses per variable time interval
- Display: LCD, 4 digit numerical display with measured variable, quasi-analogue bar chart, operating mode indicators
- Radiation detector: end window Geiger-Müller counter tube, stainless steel housing with neon-halogen filling
- Measuring length: 38.1mm
- Measuring diameter: 9.1mm
- Mica window: 1.5 - 2 mg/cm2
- Gamma Sensitivity: 114 pulses/min for 60Co radiation = 1 µSv/h in background radiation energy band
- Background rate: 10 pulses per minute approx.
- Internal memory: 2 kilobytes
- Battery life: 3 years approx.
- Dimensions: 163mm x 72mm x 30mm approx.
- Weight: 155g approx.