Motor Neuron Diorama
The Motor Neuron Diorama is a high quality model of a motor neuron, which has been magnified over 2500 times for clear and accurate results. This model represents a fully three-dimensional reproduction of a motor nerve cell, situated within a milieu of interacting neurons and a skeletal muscle fibre. The membranous envelope has been cut away from the neuron to expose the cytological ultra structure, organelles and inclusions within the cell body.
Branching dendrites, communicating synapses and a myelin-wrapped axon with node of Ranvier project from the neuronal surface of the motor neuron model. A section of the axon lifts off of the motor neuron model to let you view the tightly-wound layers of the enveloping myelin sheath and neurolemma, as well as the Schwann cell which formed them.
Features of the Motor Neuron Diorama
- Accurate model of a motor neuron model magnified over 2500 times
- Features a motor nerve cell, interacting neurons and skeletal muscle fibre
- Membrane has been cut away to reveal internal structure of the neuron
- Section of the axon lifts off, allowing you to view structures underneath
- Mounted on a base for convenient display
Specifications of the Diorama
- Dimensions: 43 x 20 x 28cm
- Weight: 3kg