Pockels Cell on Stem
The Pockels Cell on Stem is a transverse Pockels cell for demonstrating linear electro-optic effect, and measuring half-wave voltage of a lithium niobate crystal. The pockels cell features an accurate, free-moving and smooth angle adjustment for demonstrating double refraction, in conjunction with a polarisation filter used as an analyser.
The Pockels cell is mounted on a stem, making it compatible with an Optical Rider D for use on the Optical Precision Bench D.
Uses of the Pockels Cell on Stem
The Pockels cell is suitable for a range of experiment topics, such as:
- Pockels effect (linear electro-optic effect)
- Photorefractive crystal with no inversion centre
- Occurrence and modification of double refraction in external electric fields
- Half-wave voltage
- Modulation of refractive index
Specifications of the Pockels Cell
- Dimensions: 156 x 26 x 218mm
- Weight: 206g
- Crystal: Lithium niobate (LiNbO3) 20 x 2 x 2mm
- Connectors: 4mm safety sockets