Ultrasonic Continuous Wave Generator With Probe
The Ultrasonic Continuous Wave Generator is for use when producing continuous, high-powered ultrasonic waves in a wide frequency range of up to 20MHz. A multi-frequency probe with waterproof cast sound transmitting surface is included. The transmitter frequency can be adjusted in digital increments of 1Hz and is clearly indicated on the integrated display.
Adjustments can also be made to the acoustic power by regulating the transmitter voltage of the ultrasonic converter, and can also be turned on and off separately. The transmitting mode is clearly displayed by an indicator lamp and transmitter voltage will be displayed on the LCD screen. The transmitter output supplies a sinusoidal signal with a maximum amplitude of 40V. The transmitter frequency can also be output as a TTL signal from a monitor terminal and there is a suitable voltage output for controlling the red and green laser diodes in the Debye-Sears experiment. This, too, can be turned on and off separately and has its own indicator light. The apparatus automatically detects any laser probe that is connected and adjusts the control voltage accordingly.
The Debye-Sears Effect
In 1932, Debye and Sears for the first time demonstrated the refraction of light as it passed through a liquid being subjected to high-frequency vibrations. In this process, the density maxima and minima of a stationary ultrasonic wave act like the elements of an optical diffraction grating. The grating constant here is equal to half the wavelength and therefore dependent on the frequency and speed of the ultrasonic waves transmitted through the medium (e.g. water, glycerin, oil).
- Generator frequency: ≤20MHz
- Multi-frequency probe: 1 – 13MHz
- Frequency increment: 1Hz
- Output signal: Continuously adjustable sinusoid of 5 – 60Vpp, separately switchable
- Monitor signal: TTL 0 – 5V, square
- Laser output: 3V DC, max. 300mW, separately selectable with indicator light
- Connections: 5.5mm laser diode, BNC ultrasonic probe, 2x BNC frequency generator, and USB
- Display: Voltage/frequency
- Power consumption: 5 - 60VA; failure @ 100VA
- Mains voltage: 90 – 230V, 50/60Hz
- Fuse: T630mA @ 115 V; T315mA @ 230V
- Dimensions: approx. 25.6 x 18.5 x 16.0cm
Please note: This listing is for the Ultrasonic CW Generator only, other pictured equipment, as listed under 'Required Equipment' must be purchased separately.