x-ray energy detector
The X-Ray Energy Detector is for recording the energy spectra of X-rays, or γ radiation in the energy range of approximately 2keV to 60keV.
It mainly consists of a Si-PIN photodiode, which is integrated in a metal housing together with a charge sensitive pre-amplifier, a main amplifer with pulse shaping and a digital signal processing circuit. The detector holder has been designed to fit on the swivelling arm of your existing X-Ray Apparatus, so the product is compatible, ready for installation.
The power is conveniently supplied via the USB port of a PC, and a CD with measuring and evaluation software for PC is included.
To use the X-Ray Energy Detector, you will also need:
The X-Ray Energy Detector supports the following experiment topics:
- X-ray energy spectroscopy
- Compton effect
- X-ray fluorescence spectroscopy
- Absorption experiments
- Bragg's reflection
- Duane-Hunt's displacement law
- Moseley's law
- Energy range: approx. 2 keV up to 60 keV
- Energy resolution (FWHM): 0.55 keV at EFeKα = 6.40 keV
- Entrance window: plastics (absorption equivalent to graphite with d = 40µm)
- Detector: Si-PIN photo diode
- Active area: 0.8mm diameter
- Thickness approx. 200µm
- Dead time per pulse: approx. 200µs
- Connection: USB
- Cable length: 1.75m
- Dimensions: 80 x 22mm diameter
- Mass: 150g