Erler-Zimmer Anatomical Full-Size Skeleton Model Oscar
When studying human anatomy, a visual guide can be one of the most useful tools. The Erler-Zimmer Anatomical Full-Size Skeleton Model Oscar is a life-sized skeleton model with 200 bones, designed for educational purposes. For realistic training purposes, this skeleton includes life-like sliding joints and removeable joints. Also included is a rolling stand for ease-of-display and portability.
- 1 x Full Size Skeleton Model 'Oscar' with approx. 200 bones
- 1 x Roller Stand
- All required fixings
Features of the Erler-Zimmer Anatomical Skeleton Model Oscar
- Anatomical skeleton model in a natural size supports anatomy study in educational and medical institutions
- Features around 200 bones and demonstrates all important structures and foramina
- Full size scale height of 160cm offers great detail of all bones and ligaments
- Limbs can be removed and reattached quickly and easily using a quick fastener
- Shoulder, hip, and knee joints have flexible rubber attachments for smooth, life-like joint movement
- Skull, arms, legs, and foot can be de-attached for in-depth study of each part
- Skull can further be dissembled into three parts for in-depth study
- Leg separates at the knee
- Spine demonstrates spinal nerves, the vertebral artery, and a dorsolateral disc prolapse
- 5-leg roller stand for easy and safe transportation from room-to-room
- Made from unbreakable synthetic material for longevity
Who Can Benefit From the Full-Size Skeleton Model Oscar?
Due to its great detail and robust construction, the Skeleton Model Oscar can be utilised in a wide variety of situations. Suitable environments that can benefit from this skeleton model include the following:
- Clinics: Physiotherapy and rehabilitation clinics can use this model to demonstrate problem areas and movements for clients
- Hospitals: This life-size skeleton can provide an educational aid for patients as well as a fun sight for children
- Laboratories: This model is constructed as a life-size skeleton for accurate representation in medical environments
- Schools: Lessons become more engaging for pupils with this model creating an interactive element
- Universities: Medical students can gain a more detailed insight to accompany textbook learning
What Size Is the Erler-Zimmer Oscar Skeleton Model?
A full-size, first class reproduction of the human skeleton, the Erler-Zimmer Oscar Skeleton stands at approx. 178cm with the stand, and 160cm without the stand. This makes this model the perfect size to display in professional medical and educational institutions.
Which Bones Can Be Removed From the Oscar Skeleton Model?
One of the benefits of this skeleton model is in the ability to remove and manipulate its bones for demonstrations. The legs, arms and feet of the Oscar Skeleton can all be removed and re-attached without damage, and the skull can also be removed and dismantled into three parts for greater in-depth study of the cranium.
Pin and Magnet System
The skullcap of this model is fixed to the base using metal pins which are endowed with magnets in order to hold the skullcap firmly in place and eliminate any gaps between the pieces. This pin and magnet system eliminates the need for the hooks that are used on other models and which are prone to damage.
Life-like Sliding Joint Movements
Unlike less mobile skeletons which are fitted with metal joints, the Oscar Skeleton Model features flexible rubber attachments that allow for smooth joint movements. The shoulder, hip, and knees of the model all have rubber attachments which demonstrates their natural life-like movements.
Anatomically accurate and with high detail, the spine of the Oscar Model displays the spinal nerves, vertebral artery, and a dorsolateral disc prolapse. The shoulder blades on this model are also mounted in such a way that they are able to move at the same time as the arm of the model for extra-realistic joint movements.
Five-Leg Roller Stand
A 5-leg roller stand is included with the Oscar skeleton that facilitates easy storage, and allows for the ease-of-movement when transferring the skeleton from room-to-room. This handy roller stand also means no heavy lifting is required.
- Height: 178cm (with stand)
- Weight: 9kg
- Product Code: 2960
- Manufactured in Germany