Fisherbrand 2ml 150mm Plugged Soda Lime Glass Pasteur Pipettes (Pack of 1000)
Complying with ISO 7712, the Fisherbrand 2ml 150mm Plugged Soda Lime Glass Pasteur Pipettes (Pack of 1000) are intended for single use in microbiology and serological laboratories. An excellent alternative to plastic pipettes, these pasteur pipettes are also sure to benefit the environment as much as they benefit the lab.
- 1000 x Pasteur Pipettes
- 1000 x Cotton Plugs
Please note these pipettes come in four packets of 250 x pipettes.
What Are the Fisherbrand Glass Pasteur Pipettes?
The Fisherbrand Glass Pasteur Pipettes are single use pipettes made of soda-lime glass, and are designed for use in microbiology and serological laboratories. These glass pipettes can be used for the following applications:
- Pipetting liquids
- Dropwise dosing of liquids and reagents
- Distribution of heated liquid quantities
These soda lime glass pasteur pipettes have the following specifications:
- Capacity: 2ml
- Autoclavable: No
- Tip Style: Standard Tip
- Type: Plugged
- Material: Soda Lime Glass
- Length: 150mm
- Disposable: Yes
- Top Style: Smooth fire polished
The Fisherbrand soda lime glass pipettes have a number of key features:
- Plugged with cotton for easy picking up and transferral of chemicals
- Soda lime glass is sturdy and chemical resistant for use in experiments
- Single use design for microbiological and serological lab applications
- Easy to use for pipetting liquids, dropwise dosing liquids and reagents
- Distributes heated liquid quantities for experiments studying temperature effects
- Standard tip for use in majority of experiments for a wide range of applications
- Disposable style ensures maximum hygiene for use in experiments and analysis
- Complies with ISO 7712
- 1000 pack (four packs of 250) is convenient, cost efficient and easy to store away
Please note these pipettes are not autoclavable and should be disposed of as waste.
Plugged vs Unplugged Pipettes
Pipettes can be used with or without plugs. You don't always need a plugged pipette, however plugs help to protect the pipette bulb or pipette-aid from overdraw. These pipettes are plugged with porous, breathable cotton to create the necessary suction seal for transferring liquids.
What Is the Benefit of Using Soda-Lime Glass?
Soda-lime glass is commonly used in labs and medical facilities and there are a number of reasons for this:
- Type-III glass makes these pipettes versatile in use
- Contains aluminium oxide for chemical durability
- Magnesium oxide material ensures malleability at lower temperatures
- Can store food, drink and chemical substances
- When heated can manufacture fluid control process components and parts
- Excellent alternative to plastic, making them better for the environment
Learn More About Fisherbrand Lab Glassware
For more information on Fisherbrand lab glassware (as well as plasticware) please see the following brochure: